Thursday 2 November 2006

Patience?

This morning rose at 05:50 to get B & J up for Seminary. B explained she would not be going today - too tired. Tried to persuade but to no avail. Mentioned that if she got to bed a bit earlier she wouldn't feel so tired, that Seminary was more important than staying up late. Reminded myself of N W's talk at Stake General Priesthood meeting only last night on agency, that we each need, indeed have, to make our own choices and then take the consequences. While praying to know what to do - feeling very sad - felt the Spirit whisper "how do you think I feel when millions of people each day make wrong choices - just be patient. Be there with open arms." I add this to my counselling journal because of the feelings, the sadness felt. Am I slowly getting more connected with emotions - both mine and other peoples, rather than just covering them with anger and frustration, as previously I'd probably have felt and got angry?

No comments: